Wednesday, November 16, 2011

bah humbug

I've been talking about this at work for a couple of weeks now, but somehow no matter how many times I admit it (isn't that the first step?) I still can't get myself out of it. Denial. Complete and utter denial. 

I have put up festive decorations, photos of people all bundled up with their stacks of Christmas presents or the tree on top of their car. I have hung ornaments and peppermint candies and Christmas crackers in all the windows. Christmas music has been on our playlist for at least a week now, and I even caved and put the She & Him Christmas album on my iPhone last week (and have listened to it exactly once because I realized I just wasn't in the mood).

Yesterday someone reminded me that Thanksgiving is next week (well, they were talking about Black Friday, but same difference) and I was FLOORED. I had to check the calendar. It's true. Thanksgiving is NEXT FREAKING WEEK! And it still doesn't feel like the holidays. Normally at this time of year I'm getting anxious to put up the Christmas tree and being forced to wait until after Thanksgiving, and frankly this year it feels like it's just coming and I'm trying not to think about it. I should be watching The Grinch and Scrooged and A Christmas Story. I should be cutting paper snowflakes. I should be buying presents. Holy crap I haven't even thought of buying a single present yet! I understand this is normal for many people, but it is not normal for me.

So I'm determined to find the time to dive head first into this holiday season in the next week, and come out of next weekend officially ready for it to begin! And I have found the first project on my list over at How About Orange:


I'm hoping they are a little bit easier than they look because they sure are cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment