Saturday, March 13, 2010

3/13/2010

I have lived close to DC for most of my life, and as a result I have grossly taken for granted that it's always there if I want to see it. Then I realized that many of the DC museums I haven't been to probably since middle school field trips. And it made me feel guilty. And it made me realize that I might not be living here forever and I would regret it if I didn't take advantage of the situation while I am here. So Chris and I have decided to visit as many museums as possible to make up for lost time and to enjoy the early days of Spring out and about! So today was chilly and rainy and windy and nasty, but I was so excited to see little tulips (I think) poking up out of the ground along the sidewalks. Soon, lovelies, soon.

We went to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and I was amazed at how huge the place was. We spent three hours there and weren't even close to seeing everything there. It's impossible. And also a little disorganized. I would think there would be a path leading you through time from early plant life to dinosaurs to mammals and so on, but this did not seem to be the case. It was kind of all over the place. And seriously, huge. I got some crappy photos of the dinosaurs (I think they purposely set the lighting so that no photos will ever turn out, with or without flash), but by the time we made it to the gemstones we had to hurry through to make it to our haircut appointments. So not very many photos. But you are welcome to view them here.

Next up, a museum that I didn't even know existed but was recommended by my hairstylist, the National Museum of Crime and Punishment.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. so, did you get my email?? I emailed you. i hope you respond. it's important.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete