Monday, February 14, 2011

Heart Attack!

These hearts of mine

My dear friend Jessica reminded me today of many glorious (if slightly destructive) Valentine's Days we shared in high school. It was something we called the Heart Attack, in which we would cut out hundreds of paper hearts, write "heart attack" all over them, and sprinkle them generously all over our lucky friends' lawns. We would then leave a little note and a bag of candy on their porch and leave them to have to explain to their parents just what the mess was all about. One year two of the recipients gathered up their hearts and brought them to sprinkle around MY yard. I still loved it.

It should be noted that I got this idea from my older sister (thank you!) who did pretty much the same thing years before me, and created another brilliant iteration this year in her own home.


She left little quotes and notes all over her house for her family to discover in the morning. I just love it. So sweet (and easy and cheap and meaningful!). You can see more on her blog.

And I'm not much for public displays of affection but to my mister, I offer you this.
 

And I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Love the quote to "the mister"!! Happy Valentines Day! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved doing this with you guys. so fun and i loved the idea; still do.

    ReplyDelete