Thursday, February 3, 2011

thrifting

I had the day off today and just spontaneously decided to stop by at the thrift store on my way home from Home Depot picking up paint samples. 

This couch is pretty much adorable, style-wise, but could clearly benefit from a re-upholstering. Only $20 though, and it would look super cute in our house! Nudge nudge.

Ok, I don't even know what this thing is. It starts off like a chair, with some sort of long skinny back and a hanger on top. I just... don't understand. Anyone?

 
Various plate sets. I love them all in their own special ways.

And a couple other things just because they happened to catch my eye.

I didn't actually buy anything, btw, sometimes browsing is enough and it was a nice distraction from the rest of the week. :)

2 comments:

  1. That couch for $20! Amazing deal, especially with the way thrift store prices are rising.

    And I would not have left that charming cross stitch art behind, it's so cute and earnest. I love the kitty and the pint size garden/gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The couch was an amazing deal, and if I had more confidence in my refurbishing skills I would have totally bought it. But upon close inspection, the upholstery was filthy, the cushions completely shot, and one of the arms was pretty loose and shaky. So cute though! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete