Sunday, June 12, 2011

honeymooning

So we didn't actually go anywhere for our honeymoon, but we did take the entire week after the wedding to spend some quality time together. Several of these days were spent inside, wishing to go outside but dreading the heat (record breaking temps, heat indexes up to 110 degrees, miserable), but we did manage to get out and do some shopping, get much needed massages, and even go to the beach on Friday!

We went to Assateague Island, which I had never even heard of before but my family went up there when they were in town last week and it sounded amazing! Undeveloped beaches, no crowds, decent water quality, and wild horses! It sounded spectacular.


That there is some of the only proof I got on camera that there were wild horses here. Yes, there was horse poo everywhere, including on the beach. But, well, you take the bad with the good I guess. It was still beautiful.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Yeah, I took a lot of pictures. What can I say, I love the beach!
Just the other day the mister and I were discussing some of the good and bad points for moving away from the area (no, we're not planning on doing it any time soon) and I think the hardest part for me would be if for some reason I had to move away from the coast. I mean it's not like I live right by the beach here, and I acknowledge that we don't even go there very often, but I really like knowing it's there. Knowing that whenever I really want to (like last week) we can just hop in the car and get there. I wouldn't want to give that up.

1 comment:

  1. Having lived here over 10 years and never seeing the beach is a bit shameful.

    I am a bit proud of that manly beard I got with only a week's worth of growth, though!

    ReplyDelete