Wednesday, October 12, 2011

my night in photos

Yes, I could have already seen Mates of State weeks ago here in DC. But. They just happened to be playing on a Wednesday night and the mister has class on Wednesday nights. When I first realized this, I was kind of devastated. I don't even know how many times I have seen Mates of State at this point, but suffice it to say it will never be enough. But it was not to be. 
Until.
I heard that they would also be playing Baltimore. Just a little while later. On my birthday.
So, yeah, I could wait.

 


I think it was pretty much meant to be. The Ottobar is a cute little venue, with an odd little balcony that puts you just at top left of the band. You could probably reach through the beams and touch Kori's head (if that weren't a totally creepy thing to do). And for some reason I thought I had read an article that indicated they would be playing almost exclusively new material at the shows, but was so absolutely thrilled to find out that was not the case! Not that I don't love the new stuff, but they played so many of my favorites that I was totally not expecting to hear. I kept thinking well I'm sure they're not going to play this one. And then they did. 
Fluke
 At Least I Have You
For the Actor
Goods
True Love Will Find You in the End
And then some. I was also surprised at how many songs they played from Re-Arrange Us, given that it was largely disliked by critics. I liked it, but I'm a little bit biased. And I'm still waiting to see Mags on stage. That's what people are really there for, right? No? Just me? Ok.

Oh and whatever you do, don't forget to enter my giveaway! There's still time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment