Tuesday, October 4, 2011

where did the time go?

Ok, first of all, how the heck is it October already? Unbelievable. 
Instead of inching closer and closer to the end of the year, this year when I made myself so many promises I have yet to keep, it is coming by leaps and bounds and I find myself staring into its face and thinking "well, what are you going to do about it?" 
What I'm talking about, in case you were not aware, is that I set a goal of having my Etsy shop up and running this year. Finally. And with more in it than a few vintage items. I made this goal, mind you, at the beginning of the year. And now it's October. My one huge roadblock right now is photographing my knits. I have tried taking photos in the house but the lighting is terrible so the colors are off and the detail is not great to say the least. I need to get outside and take photos, but the weather has been dreary, rainy, and unpleasant. And in the rare event that a sunny day coincides with my day off, it always happens to be a weekday and I'm home by myself, and if you have ever tried to take a picture of a scarf on yourself (or worse, hand muffs) you will know why this doesn't really work out. I need a model, or a bust form, or a photographer, or all of the above. 
On a positive note, I tested out my first hand muff design yesterday and got lots of compliments on it, so I am really excited to launch them! Soon, I keep telling myself. Soon.

In the meantime, to help with the denial that it is indeed October, a pretty desktop wallpaper for you from poppytalk: (follow the link for the full size image)


Oh, and if you haven't checked out my limited offerings on Etsy yet, check it out here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment