Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On my book shelf

This should really become a regular feature if I can stick to it. The mister and I have a respectable collection of books, and while it may be a curse when moving time comes it's quite a blessing for the remainder of our lives. I love books. I love reading them and I love having them. Sometimes I like to scan through the shelves and just remind myself what's there. Some of them take me back to a different place and time (a book of Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales still smells the same as I remember when I was a kid, and there's just some sense of comfort in that fact.) and many others remind me that I haven't even read them yet! 

In any case, the mister gave me some great new books for my birthday and it made me excited to share. 


I had seen this book before (it was sold at Urban Outfitters, after all), and heard lovely things of the blog, but I somehow never picked it up and looked at it. I'm not really sure why. But when it found its way into my hands last night and I started flipping through its pages I found myself enamored. It all started with Karl Lagerfeld's studio.


I don't know why, but I especially love it when people make the decision to stack books flat instead of just lining them up on the shelves.

You couldn't pick a better book for me. I love cupcakes. I love Martha (I wrote a 20 page paper about Martha Stewart in college). If I didn't already have a delicious birthday cake sitting in the kitchen I would be baking a batch of snickerdoodle cupcakes right now.


And a new knitting book. I should really knit more. It doesn't really save you any money knitting your own sweaters (in case you were wondering) but it is kind of fun seeing the baffled expression on people's faces when you tell them you made it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment