Sunday, October 31, 2010

Waddya talkin'

halloween1
halloween2

The mister and I wandered around a thrift store for about an hour yesterday waiting for sufficient inspiration to strike. What started it was this fabulous Oleg Cassini jacket we found, and there we had it: Babs and Merve. I played bingo and he liked bowling.. We both got some high waisted and *ahem* full seated jeans, Chris threw on a bunch of my cheap jewelry and I tried to channel the Coffee Talk lady with my makeup. As you can see, a good time was had. We were a little slow on the uptake (coming up with, buying, and assembling costumes a mere hours before the party) but I am so glad we decided to dress up this year! :)

And now I have to decide if we should buy candy. I haven't had trick or treat-ers anywhere I have lived in the last 13 years but we will be home and I plan to light the jack-o-lanterns and I'd hate to have to ignore children at the door. And anyway I could really go for some Nerds about now...

2 comments:

  1. fantastic hair - both of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cracking up @ the old man pants!! Our condos have been decorated up for weeks, so I am hoping for more than the 3 trick or treaters we had last year. Nerds-you better get them!

    ReplyDelete