Friday, November 26, 2010

apple-raspberry mini galettes


I started with a little recipe from Emma over at From Scratch for Individual Apple Galettes that seemed almost frightfully easy. Flour, butter, an apple, brown sugar and cinnamon. That's pretty much all it asks for. I decided (at the suggestion of the mister) to add in some raspberries. I have to say this truly is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. Seriously, folks, easier than a box cake mix. But I will warn you, you might need some extra sugar. I'm thinking about adding sugar into the crust for next time, but not being a scientific baker I don't really know how that will affect the turnout. But they sure are a darling little dessert. In fact, I may go have myself some seconds right now. So what if it's not even noon yet, during the holidays it's always time for dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment