Thursday, November 4, 2010

Now on my book shelf: Amy Sedaris


I already own her first book, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence which is a whole bunch of brilliance so as soon as I heard that she had a new book coming out I pre-ordered it. And it came in yesterday! As Sherry A. McMillan, a reviewer on amazon.com, points out "there are no creative ideas for a serious crafter", and perhaps a sham to be among serious craft publications, but it is Amy Sedaris, and it is hilarious through and through. If you have ever wanted bottle cap castanets, fake candles made of either drum sticks or various fruit, or just wondered what to do with all of those seashells and coconuts you have laying around, then you might just get some great ideas here. Otherwise, just have a nice laugh and marvel at the perfect styling and character of the entire book. She has even been on the Martha Stewart show (more than once), and been compared to her interestingly enough, so she's alright as far as I'm concerned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment