Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cover me

I'll admit that I haven't actually read through the tutorial, much less used it, but it spoke to me quite loudly and I just had to share. First of all the mention of Beverly Cleary makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and second of all I have a deep fondness for hard cover books. And anyway how adorable are their book cover designs? 





Turn old paperbacks into custom hardbacks with this tutorial from ohdeedoh, which I discovered via Poppytalk.
It makes me want to scour yard sales for 80s classics and create my own little collection. And that also reminds me of one time in high school I was over at a friends house and discovered that his little sister had quite the Babysitter's Club collection. It was one of my favorites when I was younger so of course I couldn't resist browsing through, and I was shocked to find my own name written on the inside of the front cover of a few of the books! It was sold at a family yard sale, of course, and they lived just a few blocks away so it's not unreasonable that they would have ended up there. But it was quite unexpected but rather satisfying to see that my precious books had found a good home. (These days I wouldn't even consider getting rid of a book I have enjoyed, and I'm not sure if I would consider giving away my children's books either, but some might consider me a hoarder so we'll see.)

I feel like I'm babbling on tonight. I'm tired. I apologize. Hope you had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment