Monday, August 23, 2010

habitat

I lived in one house for the first seventeen years of my life, and have moved almost once a year since then. I'm not going to count how many times it is that I have moved, so let's just say it's a lot. Sure it's a lot of work- you have to find the new place, pack, clean, move, unpack, decorate, there are several extra expenses involved, bla bla bla. But there are so many benefits as well! You get to take inventory of all the stuff you have and get rid of what you don't need, you get to organize, you get to start fresh. 

I've been thinking a lot about all that lately (after all, I have lived in the same apartment for 2 years now so that's about a year and a half past the time where I like to start thinking about moving) and I just like to dream about what it might be like. Would it have beautiful hardwood floors? A nice kitchen? A big bathtub? Extra closets? Would we be able to paint? Or wallpaper? We've even been talking about saving some money up and buying a house in the pretty near future, which is so exciting I can hardly stand it. Will it have a fenced in back yard for my future doggies? A garden? Ohhh the possibilities. 

But speaking of wallpaper.


I am loving this beautiful new line of wallpaper from Oh Joy! for Hygge & West

2 comments:

  1. yep, we've been here about a year and we have the itch to move again. Just have to wait a few things out and then it's time to pack it up! -Devin

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the wallpaper but can't pick a fave.

    ReplyDelete